Jan 19, 2019
United States of America - Maryland, Annapolis Junction
The Safety Specialist will develop, coordinate, and implement Occupational Safety and Health Programs. Ensures compliance with all OSHA and related compliance activities, identifies and manages risk, establishes and implements HSE training/education program, responsible for incident reporting and investigation, conducting inspections and assessments, waste minimization, pollution prevention and control, and record keeping.
1. Develop plans, procedures, and policies to continuously improve the program.
2. Perform root cause analysis and provides guidance toward appropriate corrective action.
3. Develop, coordinate, and execute an effective safety training program.
4. Develop and maintain the safety and health program records-keeping and reporting system.
5. Provide leadership and direction in all areas of a risk assessment, loss control, regulatory compliance, and safety program.
6. Establish and implement short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
7. Plan and develop strategies for a comprehensive risk management program that includes appropriate performance records of all risk management programs.
8. Train, supervise, and evaluate safety staff.
9. Advise administration on appropriate risk management policies, procedures, and issues of safety.
10. Coordinate OSHA and other required training programs targeted to reduce employee injuries and lost work time.
11. Integrate employee assistance and risk management programs to ensure compliance, promote quality, and minimize company losses.
12. Keep abreast of pending regulatory developments through reference sources; obtains insight on legislative agendas at state and federal levels.
13. Recommend and participate in the development of policies and procedures; serves as an advisor to the Director and Site Supervisor during planning on risk management issues related to the design and construction of facilities.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
+ Bachelor's degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Studies, Biology or Chemistry desired and 7 years work related experience. A combination of technical certifications, such as HAZWOPER, may be substituted.
+ Good communications and analytical skills.
+ Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the environmental and safety compliance fields.
+ Demonstrated working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
+ Must be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft - Excel, Power Point, Word and Outlook. Hazardous Materials Management System software knowledge a plus, must be able to utilize highly technical automated systems.
+ Valid driver's license required.
+ Must possess an active Top Secret SCI w/ polygraph security clearance.
Industry recognized certification such as Certified Safety Professionals (CSP), Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST), Construction Safety and Health Technician (CHST) or equivalent Certification desired.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Safety / Health
**Business Line** Management Services
**Business Group** Management Services Group (MS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 205985BR
**Clearance Required** Yes
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Annapolis Junction, MD, USA